Saturday, June 13, 2009

Retired with Lots of time

When someone retires it is a little bit of a misconception that you just relax and have lots of time to do everything. You retire and stop working and doing things on a schedule but it seems like there is hardly any time to get things done. After just a short period of being retired I found that I may have put things on my to-do list but they weren't getting done liked I had hoped. I think that when you are working you put a priority on things and get them done because you may only have a short time in which to get them done. When you are retired you have all this time and you can do things as you want or as you think about it.

Now is where the catch comes in. You have all this time to think about and dream about all those things you wanted to do and then do some as you can but maybe not in any priority or without any real push to get it done. Now, you have all of these things that you want to do and the places you want to go and not many of them are getting done. You feel like you are falling behind and not getting anything accomplished and actually you just have a list and aren't worried about doing everything "right now". There is no pressure, or at least very little pressure, to get it done so you just relax and do what you want to do next. Is this bad?? I say no, it is very relaxing and less stressful as you do what you can and what you want to do when you have a chance to do it.

With this in mind, I trudge on and face the problems of life and the world. Life is good and can be great if you can relax and do things on your schedule and your own time. Next I planned on studying a little history and learn a bunch about photography and taking "the perfect picture". I thought maybe it was time to a class on photography at one of the local schools.

ENJOY

No comments:

Post a Comment