Now that I am retired and I have all this free time I guess I shall write down a few things to do. It is good to have a 'to do list' as I often either forget what I wanted to do and don't remember the things that I am supposed to do. One of the disadvantages of not working is that you have no real schedule and no structure to keep you doing things and accomplishing things. If you have all this free time you do things as you think of them or just when you want to do them so often some things get forgotten.
Now comes another question and that is did I forget them or just not think they were important enough to do right now. I make up a list of things to do as a reminder, not as things that I have to do, but things I would like to do or should do. When I get on a roll and get busy I start knocking these things out, and usually get most of them done within a reasonable time. Then there are times I start on the list and get distracted and do what I want to or do something else.
It also works out sometimes that I, or we, decide we need to do something or go somewhere to get out of the house or to get away and do something different. Occasionally we just get out and go for a walk or go for a ride to just "blow the stink off" of us. (This was a saying Suzanne's Dad had for getting out and getting some fresh air or just getting out to prevent "cabin fever".) It is good to plan on doing something different or going somewhere different and it is even better if you have someone to go with or be with. Many times we will go shopping at the grocery store or just go "fenuesselling" (which is just going out, with nothing particular to do or no where particular to go. Just get out and be together). Of course it is one of the benefits of being retired in that you don't have a strict schedule. I volunteer to docent twice a month at a photo gallery and I try to give blood once a month or so but other than that we are free to do what we want, up to a financially restrictive point and it is pretty darn good. Photography has become more and more of my routine and taken up more of my time but it is still to do when and as I want to. It is fun !!!
Now, because of the photography I am working more and more on the computer. I am either trying to learn Photoshop or Lightroom and learn how to use it and work with it or I am working on a website. The website is just for my personal use to display my photos so people can enjoy them and learning Photoshop is to learn how to display the best of my photos. Of course it is all for fun or for my pleasure and enjoyment and isn't that really what retirement is all about anyway?? ENJOY
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment