Saturday, December 19, 2009

Traveling and Time is Flying

WOW!!!  It has been over 3 months since I have added to this blog.  I guess that means I have been busy and/or unable to get online to 'get r done'.  I have been real busy as Suzanne and I went to Utah for 2 weeks in October and traveled over 3,000 miles and went to 5 National Parks.  I took lots of photos and saw some outstanding sights.  It was the first time I have ever vacationed and traveled outside of California for relaxation and fun.  We had a ball and the weather was great.
We started at Moab, Utah, and went to Arches and Canyonlands National Parks and Dead Horse State Park.  It was fantastic and so very beautiful.  We stayed at a great Bed and Breakfast and really enjoyed it and relaxed for 5 days.  Then we took off to Capitol Reef National Park and more great sights.  Then on the road again after a day to head for Bryce Canyon for 4 days then to Zion for 4 days.  It was great in that we had time to relax and enjoy each place and take in the sights.  I took over 2200 photos and got a couple pretty good ones.
Being from California it was strange seeing these beautiful canyons and mesas and the colors were great.  We were lucky too in that the trees were starting to change to their fall colors and it made for some beautful scenes.  It was great and we will go back but have some other places to visit and photo first.  I have scheduled to attend a photo workshop in Savannah in the spring so that should be a lot of fun.  We are planning to extend our trip with a visit to some friends in N. Carolina. 
I was so ready for retirement and I am so busy and enjoying this whole thing.  It is great and something I hope everyone gets to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment